$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Saturday, November 02, 2002 I felt like shit on and off all day. Like, the kind of feeling you get when you can't sneeze and all the pressure builds up in the nasal cavity area and your eyes start watering and you feel just downright miserable. By the time Spanish and Stat rolled around (two of the most annoying classes ever… but then again… almost all my classes are annoying, except for bio & chem, which are just harder than the rest of them, sort of), I felt like curling up into a ball and finding some covers to burrow under and never resurface from. Not getting home until 10pm did not seem like a good option at that point, so I tried to sell my ticket… no takers in Stat, and 2 other people both had parents saying no. I felt like crap all through a capella rehearsal too… no voice, people talking, and me on and off just generally wanting to strangle people (when I wasn't busy trying to stay on my feet or listening for any funky non-harmonies). Poor Mel had to deal with all the trouble of my trying to sell my ticket. In the end, I went cuz I didn't want to waste $10 and miss a good show. Chilled on Mel's couch for a while, wallowing in my misery, and heard the funniest gangsta rap parody ever ("bitch suck my weiner" haha trying to be ghetto… lol). So we went to BK for dinner, and the cashier lady cheated me out of 40 cents by giving me a large meal when I ordered a medium. Besides that, rather uneventful meal, except for the married-couple-bickering of Kyle & Mel (which is incredibly cute, and which also got a couple of stares, lol). Anyhoo, we didn't hit the road until 6:30-ish… and had a pretty hairy mini-incident on Easton (that road is like the work of the devil between 4 and 7pm…). Then we got lost on the local roads in Somerville, but 'twas ok cuz we had my handy dandy printout of the area and we quickly figured out how to get there. The entire time we were lost (well, from when we got on 287 onward), Mel realized she hadn't refilled her gas tank. It was right on the "E" mark, and we were basically going "oh shit" the entire time, until someone told us there was a gas station right there at the end of Davenport, the street that Somerville High School was on. Somerville High School, despite its age, is waaaay cooler than EBHS. It actually has this cool courtyard area, and the doors leading from it were ALL open (which was very good considering we parked on the opposite side of the building where the concert was and we had to go through the courtyard to get there). The concert itself was AMAZING. Well worth the $10 (tho I'll probably regret going tomorrow and Sunday). Five guys basically sounded like an instrumental band… the only nonnatural thing about their performance were the sound effects (like reverb & noise) that the mics gave them… but still, they had perfect pitch. Very cool. I ended up blowing $25 on 2 CDs… a rather impulsive buy… but that's ok, I can live without other things and I haven't bought CDs in ages. And the mouthdrummer was the sweetest person ever. He's got such a low voice (his bass line actually vibrated the floors, like a bass player would), but he's only a few inches taller than me… and I talked to some of the members afterwards, asking them for advice on various things… Stack, the VP, was so obviously into his craft, it was really cute. : ) And although he and Oren had the most outgoing personalities, he was the more chill one. I was wearing my "Love Guster Don't Eat Them" shirt today, and only one person actually recognized it… one of members of FOCS (I think it was Dan or Mike) knew about them. Another girl earlier in the evening asked about it only because she wanted a shirt with a pig on it, lol. She seemed pretty ditzy. And it was pretty amusing that Somerville's "A cappella Choir" is most definitely not a capella and is HUGE. I mean, there were at least 60 people in it… and the two pieces they performed w/o FOCS were done with bass, piano, guitar, and drum set. And they weren't mic-ed at all, which made them very weak sounding (esp cuz the SHS auditorium has really good acoustics… doesn't dampen sound too much but no noticable ambience at all). I picked up some useful info about mic-ing and just some general tips on VP-ing though. Overall, it was a lot of fun. Anyways. I still feel like shit. Good nite. --posted by M @ 12:38 AM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |