$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Tuesday, November 05, 2002 {start whine & graphic descriptions} All day today, my stomach basically felt like it was in knots. The combination of having the last chem and english tests of the quarter downright sucked... and it didn't help that I felt like I hadn't gotten enough sleep (which I tried to remedy with a mug or two of strongly-brewed tea early this morning. Which in turn made me want to pee like a racehorse all day...). English wasn't bad at all actually, and chem... well... it's chem. Always feels like it's do-able, but you never know what you'll get wrong (or will lose a gugleplex of points for). So on top of feeling miserable and nervous, my nose decided to get all disgusting today... the one day I don't bring tissues to school when I get sick. You know, like when your nose gets all stuffy and you can only breathe through your mouth... and you decide that you're going to blow all that crap out so you can start breathing right again... but then the snot starts coming out in small mucus glops which keeps coming and coming... and you wanna stop blowing your nose but you can FEEL it coming out and you know you're probably going to get snot bubbles any second... so you keep blowing with the abrasive school tissues until you just KNOW that your nose is probably just about as red as Bozo's now... Anyway. I think I just grossed out whoever's reading this and scared them away permanently. And after school today, I met up w/ Kimmel again to work on Chaminade's Concertino... I figured I would do it for Musicians' Club, good practice for the actual concerto competition. I always get nervous when thinking about performing, and today was no exception... by the time I was done practicing with him, I was a nervous wreck with a lead ball sitting at the pit of my stomach and feeling like a sweaty and disgusting mass of human flesh. The amusing thing is that he thinks I should be able to perform this on Monday, & that it was better than he thought it would be... he didn't know that I was that "accomplished" (his words, not mine). Either he must have had a really low opinion of me before or that he has really low standards. I'm not sure which I'd prefer to be true, but I'm pretty sure it's not the low standards one. In any case, whatever happens, I just hope I won't screw up as much as I did today. Nasty little 32nd runs & middle & presto section. Maybe I'll just say "fuck the tempo" and go reaaaaallly slowly so I won't have a nervous breakdown while I'm playing. Hey, there's an idea. {end whine & gross stuff} In other news... thinking about un-funny lines in Hamlet reminded me of something my english teacher showed us in 9th grade... apparently, Mrs. Whalen had a calendar with Shakespearean insults (quite funny really, especially when the Prentice Hall textbook translated one of the lines in Romeo & Juliet as "You green-livered anemic girl" or something like that). So I looked for some more, being the procrastinator that I am, and, ta-da! Some Shakespearean insults : Peace, ye fat guts! Taken from: Henry IV, part I [Thou art] a fusty nut with no kernel! Taken from: Troilus and Cressida Thou cockered rough-hewn flirt-gill! Your virginity breeds mites, much like a cheese. Taken from: All's Well That Ends Well Aaah... Shakespeare. Insults like no other. ;) --posted by M @ 4:44 PM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |