$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Tuesday, December 17, 2002 Things I learned this weekend: - I love Boston. - HMUN is very inconsistent, from committee to committee. - Ross is still the sweetest person ever... hehe. - There are still cool people out there. Like one girl from my committee who's really nice. - Life sucks. A lot. - Life sucks even more when you don't get what you've been working for. To be honest, I think that all of the delegates that won from my committee deserved it. And clearly I'm biased, but I did not see anyone stand out from that bunch as best delegate. The work was shared equally three ways (and I got the boot, nonetheless), and, while a 50-clause-9-page-resolution is impressive, the methods the other two used in committee were most certainly not impressive. Not that I haven't been equally vicious before, but I've never been one to not compromise and really try to screw people over. I know it wasn't an easy decision, yet at the same time, I feel that an award to either of the two Horace Mann delegates was condoning that kind of behavior. It's been especially hard to deal with it because I was kind of hoping I'd win something to update the colleges with that ever-impressive I-won-an-award-at-Harvard-Model-UN line. But I guess that's not going to happen. - Life sucks the most when you're from EBHS and all the colleges hate you. Actually, I was expecting to get deferred anyway. But somehow, looking at the list of GSS students that got in early (about 30 students-- 1/3-- of GSS has gotten in to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, G-town, Cornell, Dartmouth, MIT, UPenn, etc). Let's compare this to all of EBHS getting deferred from Harvard, MIT, and Yale. - I still want to go to Harvard/MIT despite their obnoxious deferred letters... esp from MIT-- "Getting in Early is very hard. Most applicants get deferred." Well, gee, why don't you just say I'm not good enough for you? - I'm a lazy ass by nature. I just can't get myself to finish my work. I think first quarter burned me out, ha. ha. ha. - Advice to anyone who's depressed about colleges-- don't kill yourself. Go kill the admissions officers. ;) --posted by M @ 2:09 PM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |