$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Monday, December 23, 2002 Went caroling with Yin, Tanya, and Rachel tonight... even though I've yet to go with a full a capella group (last year was a 4-person thing too, although each part was represented at least), I love caroling either way. With the exception of a few people who didn't open their doors (possibly because they couldn't hear us?), including the 1 person who just watched TV and the other person that looked out the window at us, only to not open the door even though it was obvious that we were just singing, most people seemed pleasantly surprised. A few loved it, and it was great singing for little kids... especially the one that emphasized each "fa la la" with one of his own and by jumping up and down. :) Not that I'm an ancient senile grandmother here, but that's what I love about little kids (not vicious elementary schoolers on the playground, but really little kids)-- they have such unabashed, innocent enthusiasm, it's hard not to feel the same way after watching them for a while. And two extremely generous people gave us $10 and $5 each-- which is all going to go to UNICEF as well. So after feeling like shit all day, probably because I had eaten too much and had gotten too unproductive (physically and mentally) even for my own tastes--and feeling like a general all-around loser--this was a nice way to wrap up the night. Friends, music, hot chocolate & cookies... who could ask for more? ;) --posted by M @ 11:12 PM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |