Wednesday, January 08, 2003
Amusing thoughts/occurences of the day:
Today in Spanish, we had to do those annoying taped orals again... where you stumble through a description of every single friggin' picture, at least for me, and then subjected AGAIN to listening to yourself suck majorly at Spanish, as if it wasn't bad enough the first time around... anyway, in two of the three scenarios that we did, I really wanted to use the word "picnic", and it was really bothering me because I could distinctly remember using it a lot way back when, in like, Spanish 2. So I'm doing my sentences for homework and look up "picnic" so I can find out how to really say it... and my dictionary tells me "picnic" in English="picnic" en espanol. *sigh* ::smacks self upside the head::
According to the WSJ, a lot of the snow you see on TV is often, get this, mashed potato flakes. Does anyone else find that really amusing??? Next time you're watching a chick flick and the cliched "couple brought together despite seemingly insurmountable obstacles and improbabilities" kisses as the snow is lofting gently down, just imagine what would happen if someone followed the directions and 'just added water'. Hmm. Despite the fact that watching chick flicks are sort of my guilty pleasure, I never miss an opportunity to point out every inaccuracy and impossibility.
--posted by M @ 12:04 AM |
0 comments
0 Comments:
|