$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Sunday, March 16, 2003 For any heterosexual males out there in my scant audience, I apologize for the uncharacteristically ditzy stuff that will be intermixed into the following post. Tonight was the last night of Honk!... and I have to say once again, I'm really going to miss it. I had sort of a bad performance tonight though... it probably had a lot to do with being a bit tired and coming off of a pretty good show yesterday night and being too complacent about it all. F-in gazillion key changes. There I was, playing one of the slow, supposed-to-be-pretty-numbers ('Every Time a Mother Cries', I think it was), and I'm doing the last two measures but I don't notice the key change... I play the last note, realize it's wrong, try to find the right one, get too panicked to find out what it actually is, and drop out. I thought I was going to die. Doc came up to me during intermission and goes, "What was that, some special effects there?" ;P Oh well. The world will go on, I guess. But still, being my first and last show in high school like this, and being the last night and all, I really would've preferred to do a whole lot better... c'est la vie I guess. Side note: I don't know why I seem to enjoy stating cliches in foreign languages right now, but who cares. Anyway, like I said, Andy (HotSaxPlayer) is muy hot hahahahha. He's been upped from 'sort of hot' to 'really hot'. Both Lydia and Jess surrepitiously (sp?) checked him out... Lydia was like eh (because she's been spoiled by mk of course... who is fairly hot but has even cooler eyes, lol), while Jess agreed with me. Margot made a copy of her 'dir en grey' (sp?) CD for him, liner notes and all, and slipped her SN in. I admire her confidence... I would've been too embarrassed to do that, lol. So after the show we were trying to work out where we were going to go out for the night and Margot was like, 'uh, shouldn't we go say bye to the college kids?' So I made her go up, followed her... and MAJOR props to Andy for figuring out that we were both drooling over him for 3 nights, took pity on us, and gave us goodbye hugs hahahaha. Mm. He smells hot too. Wow, I must be losing brain cells everytime I slack off and make ridiculous statements like that. So I ended up not going out w/ Lydia and Michelle because 1) I was never really invited in the first place, 2) Sunil/Ed both probably hate me, 3) there was a distinct purpose to their plans, which I completely forgot about and felt bad about interrupting (well, not really. but that's besides the point), 4) Margot wanted to come, and Ed, the designated driver, not only seemed really iffy about that but at that moment it seemed as if there definitely wasn't enough room for us to all fit into his teeny-tiny car. So Margot, Jen H., and I headed over to the cast party. And oh my, let me say, Scott's house is f-in HUGE. The place is like a model for art-deco styling... he has this kick ass staircase running down the middle of the house, and the tv is mad cool. But of course, like the fool I was, I left my cellie at home tonight... one of the few time I actually really need it... and so I started freaking out cuz I didn't want my parents to freak out. And, being the dumbass that I am, I tried to call my parents' cell but used the wrong zip code (Verizon should DIE for making the 848 zip code and running out of 732 or whatever btw), and to top off the night, I had to bum a ride home early from an underclassman that I barely know. Argh. But anyway, for the hour and a half or so that I was at the cast party, there was AWESOME food, and they had this funny thing called the "Paper Plate Awards"... Kristen N. won the "I want to sleep with Mr. Feeney" Award. That is both absolutely hilarious and gross at the same time. I know a lot of girls at the beginning of the year in my AP class thought he was cute, but please. The man is BALDING prematurely. Yes, he seems cool, but he has enough insecurity and other crap for the 6e^6 or however many ppl we now have existing on this planet. There was some other funny shit and stuff which I could remember if you really wanted to know. Margot and I had a good time hangin out, being anti-social and watching the crazy drama folk from afar... :P It's interesting that Honk!, what seems like a ridiculously cheesy and rather insignificant show, has had such a huge impact on me in the course of 3 nights. I've accepted the idea of going to Rutgers (and almost embraced it, even), I want to learn how to play the sax (and NO, this is not just because I became acquainted with a hot alto sax player... after Honk!, I just enjoy show-type jazz so much more... well... it has something to do with Andy, but it's more like I want to learn because he impressed me with his skills and cuz as a flute and now picc player, I feel like doubling on sax is next up on my list), and I've learned how to really embrace my senioritis. ;) *edit: if every guy at Rutgers was as cute, sweet, and musically talented as Andy, I'd go there in a heartbeat... :P Going back to earlier this afternoon, Shai, Johanna, and I watched Donnie Darko again... it's a good movie I think, but definitely not meant to be watched twice, start to finish, in the course of 3 days. There were certain sections that you definitely had to watch more than once to truly grasp, but it feels like the movie has so much filler material... or rather it moves really slowly to make its point. I dunno. The only reason why I could stand watching it all over again is that GORGEOUS song at the end. I highly recommend that everyone DLs it... it's a cover of an 80s song by someone named Gary Jules, called Mad World. I think that's all the noteworthy stuff for today. Tomorrow I'll be going to a peace vigil in HP at 7pm... feel free to join me. --posted by M @ 1:32 AM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |