$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Friday, March 21, 2003 Holy shit. I'm so mad.... the one and only time Guster comes to Rutgers College Ave (NB) of all places to give a FREE show, it's closed to RU students only. AAAAAAAHHHHH WTF??!?!?? I would pay to get in.... :/ I haven't seen them since last May.... booooooooo. If you're a Rutgers student and could get me in, I'll pay you.... argh. Anyways, I was listening to Catie Curtis while walking to rehearsal at Mel's today, and I realized that music is about emotion through storytelling... previously, I had argued with people that music is about the story that it tells, and they were arguing that music is about pure, raw emotion. But I think you need a story behind it to be able to properly convey and feel the emotion... on the other hand, without that aspect, it wouldn't be as great as it is. Because Catie Curtis is essentially love-songs-for-lesbian themed... I mean, the entire last half of "Acoustic Valentine" makes that pretty obvious, lol. It doesn't particularly bother me much, though, precisely because of the emotion that's there. You don't have to be lesbian to imagine what forbidden love must be like... or really believing that someone is your other half... and the emotion in Catie's music makes it able to span across different types of listeners, I think. And this is pretty much true in every case... you don't need to be a drug addict dumped every time by your significant other to feel the pulsing rage in grunge, etc... but without the story to power it, you wouldn't get the honest emotion that music can have. After not touching my books for almost 2 weeks, I'm beginning to fail every class. I think I need to go remedy that but it's oh. so. hard....! aaaah someone save me hahha. why isn't high school over yet?!?!?!! --posted by M @ 6:58 PM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |