$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Wednesday, March 19, 2003 I wrote a really angry post yesterday about colleges and crap... but Blogger wouldn't let me post it (some stupid internal error). And in hindsight, I'm pretty glad I didn't... I don't have the testosterone-led urge to claim my superiority over others 24-7 and I'm glad I didn't fan the flames. People can believe what they want to believe, but I don't really care at this point... cuz I'm going to college!!! muahahahahhahaha. In any case, for the one person who I really think should've gotten in over me, I'm really really really sorry... for the rest of you (at least those from EBHS), I'm not. Because you know what? Maybe some of these people are superior to me in academics by a lot, by a tiny bit, or not at all, but clearly, all prestigious colleges look for more than that, and as an overall applicant, I don't feel inferior at all. I had an edge, yes, but like I said, there's only 1 person who I feel was clearly more qualified than me by a lot and he knows who he is. Anyways. I'm a little bit afraid as to what April 2nd will bring... not that I'll get into other schools, but if I do, I don't want to deal with this crap all over again... including dealing with shit from teachers. Out of all people, they should know that there are so many more factors for admittance than what goes on in the classroom. If they don't know of EVERYTHING that you do, are able of doing, and have accomplished, they should keep their dirty looks and glances of askance to themselves. Hm what else... I boasted last week to the sax player and Margot that I've become a true senior in that I've stopped doing my hw. I think I'm going to have to retract that statement... I really am ashamed to do that, but I'm so behind on all my work that I think I have to start hitting the books again. Things to do: chem--make up test, bio--make up 2 tests, spanish--make up a test from 2 weeks ago if she'll even let me anymore, stat--make up test on monday, english--finish research paper which I have not worked on for 2 weeks (and which I'm only 1/3-1/2 of the way through... on my first draft)... not to mention make up at least 3 days of classwork that I've missed in all my classes. Someone save me.... aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.... then I have to go prom shopping... learn how to drive (stop laughing!!!)... go to NYC.... practice for flute (auditions coming up, plus my flute teacher is starting to get really irritated that I've stopped doing all my etudes more or less)... be a senior.... dammit someone needs to put more hours in a day or make me more time efficient. I've been having a pretty boring week so far... my high of being a senior has worn off. Honk! last week was great... JETS on Monday was pretty boring (at least I didn't have a horny James bothering me all day this year... and I saw G-pal, Meera, and Deepali again... yay for GSS!!)... Sci Olympiad yesterday was boring as well, but at least it was GORGEOUS outside. Grace and I spent 2 hours walking around MCC talking about random stuff in that sunny 70 degree weather we were having yesterday... and lunch time was spent chucking a frisbee around with Grace and Aaron. Except for the interminable awards ceremony (for a science competition, they were incredibly inefficient), yesterday was a nice excuse to enjoy the weather and see even more GSS ppl... namely John, Mark, and Jen (and Vicky towards the end). Stupid EBHS juniors... why is no one applying to GSS? :/ In other news, I might've gotten into UPenn... but I'm not sure yet. If what happened with MIT (I got reminders about FinAid and stuff) is any good indication, I think I did, but it's possible that I didn't. And if I didn't, I'm incredibly pissed at them for giving out sensitive info. But oh well, I really don't care any more. NYU can kiss my ass goodbye, too. :P I'm just excited to be going to college in general... less rules, studying what you want to, cool classes, and hot guys. Especially hot guys. I think Lydia is starting to rub off on me. That, or a combination of senioritis and Hot-Sax-Player has sparked a dormant ditziness in me... someone help me save my brain cells!! Hmm... random shoutout for Yin and anyone else who this applies to but hasn't told me yet.... CONGRATS ON GETTING INTO CMU!! I think my procrastination and idiotic rambling has reached a limit... off to work now. --posted by M @ 10:25 PM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |