$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Thursday, March 20, 2003 So the Bio Olympiad semifinal wasn't terribly difficult today... the only problem is that I knew what most of the questions were asking, and would've known how to answer them for sure if I could use a quick reference, but I didn't. haha. So I did the next best thing-- I bs-ed it all. :P The biochem questions weren't too bad... most of the enzyme stuff was common sense unless they were looking for specific, detailed things... and other questions could be misinterpreted... but whatever. It would've been nice if we'd actually learned protostome/deuterostome by now, which has closed gut cavities, etc. etc., or I'd remembered exactly which direction the proton gradients go in in mitochrondria and chloroplasts, but for not studying at all, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Plus, I don't want to go to GWU for the summer (not that I even have a chance). I'd merely like to score in, say, the upper 20th percentile... which is 2% of all people that participated in the competition when u include those that got eliminated before... I don't think that's a bad showing. But whatever, it makes no difference now. I only hope that we'll get presents as cool as those the Physics Olympiad ppl got if you don't make it past the semis. ^____^ I'm beginning to wonder whether senioritis doesn't have some adverse side effects... like finding a way to avoid doing your work *and* avoid going to bed at the same time so you just end up being doubly tired, accomplishing nothing, and doing really stupid things. Like leaving your backpack behind in the language lab and not realizing it all the while traversing from G hall to K hall. hahha, that was great. Sometimes even I amaze myself. Every minute I think about how much work I have to finish, I want to kill myself. OTOH, if I never have to take a chem test or quiz again (or just not within the next week and a half), I'll finally have time to make everything up and not fail. But then again, I always say that I'll pay attn and do hw in chem and I never do... almost. It's been like this since the beginning of 2nd quarter and it gets worse with every passing day. Which is really, really, REALLY bad because I will most definitely see this stuff again next year. dammit. stupid cumulative learning. What else... I miss GSS-ers.... I just talked with my suitemate from last summer and I realized that I hope I have a roommate as cool as her. In some ways, at the time, I found her annoying... just little tics, such as being rather messy and boy crazy. But I find that having someone that you can always talk to and care about you far outweighs these little things... knowing that that person is someone who will never backstab you and is sincere in all that they do. Honesty and compassion are two highly underrated characteristics these days... The best part about all of Bush's announcements these days (sarcastically speaking of course... nothing Bush says could ever be coherent or logical) is that he always says to the Iraqi soldiers, "You can surrender now... and DON'T BURN THE OIL FIELDS!!!" hahahha... could the fool be any more obvious? Wow. I used to find the superior attitude of foreigners a bit annoying sometimes, but now I know why they can do that.... what other nation in the world would elect an imbecile? And through an equally idiotic system such as the electoral college? We might as well have put Cheney and Rumsfeld only on the ballot instead. But the amazing thing is that all presidents have ghostwriters.... so I want to know, who the @#%$^ did Bush hire? Or is he just being incompetent and shooting himself in the foot, deciding to improv on every prewritten speech? Bush vs. TicTacs-- let's make a comparison. --posted by M @ 10:39 PM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |