$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Saturday, April 26, 2003 If there ever was a real life Jack (from Will & Grace) in the making, it's the kid across the street from me (the one whose father drives 3 huge ass cars--1 including a gigantic red forestry-service truck--and who I always complain about, seeing how he likes to park on the side of our house--as opposed to the big empty space between my house and my neighbors', where the truck would be out of sight--and on occasion, in front of the walkway leading up to my front door). Despite the annoying # of cars they possess (5) and their refusal to actually park them in their driveway, we always exchange pleasantries when we see each other as we get off the bus after school. Usually, it runs like the following: Me: Hi, what's up? Adam (my neighbor): Oh, nothing much. Me: So did you do anything this weekend? OR Do you have any plans for the weekend? [since I almost never take the bus home except mon/fri] Adam: rambles about how he didn't pass his permit test, how he passed it, or how he bought Steve Madden shoes at the mall and how hot they are And then we part. Although I usually consider his mindnumbing babblings to be a good time for me to do an impromptu study on the children of middle America (to put it nicely), yesterday was even funnier. The usual "hi"s were said, and then: Adam: OMG, I'm so happy with myself. Me: Why? Adam: Did you believe that this girl that I know didn't know what Dolce & Gabana was? Me: Well, it's been known to happen. Adam: Well I sprayed some of my D&G perfume on her--well I mean cologne--and she loved it!!! ::titters:: Me: Are into designer brands and stuff? Adam: Oh, TOTALLY!!! Ladies and gentlemen, I don't like to perpetrate stereotypes of all gay men wearing Prada shoes and talking like valley girls, but I leave you to judge this kid for yourself. :P ********************************************* It's amazing what 10 hours of sleep and a lovely run/walk in the rain will do for you. I absolutely detest pouring rain, but drizzles and light rains like the one we had this afternoon is just so pretty in the spring... maybe I'm just easily amused, but the pattern of the drops of water blowing across the gray sky accompanied by all the little flower petals falling off the trees is just so mesmerizing. The day might be overcast, but the smatterings of color across each house's lawn as the bulbs and perennials poke their way into the world and finally shoot out a burst of color is just so beautiful. Add a little lush, acoustic guitar-based music and it's hard not to appreciate the moment... and despite the subpar weather, when you see bright-orange, googly-eyed robins doing their funny dance--- ::hophop:: ::listen, cock head:: ::stop:: ::jab:: ::tada!! squiggling worm in beak::--- it's even harder not to want to race to the top of the next hill and yell IT'S SPRING!!! Or just grab your bestest buddy and go out dancing in the rain... laughter borne of joy... and come back inside for a bowl of warm soup and just enjoy that particular moment-- past & future be damned, just for that time period... no more worrying about grades, what should've been, what could've been, what must be... just finally appreciate life for what it is. ******************************************** When I checked the mail after lunch today, the moment was shattered. But that's ok, because it was in a good way. Btw, this is the point where Shankar claims all my entries sound the same (re: feelings about college, falling into the category of anxiety, excitement, or both), so now is a good time to leave if you're not interested. Anyway, there was a large manilla envelope that was shoved into my mailbox from the Arts office at MIT... brought it back inside expecting brochures and what not... except... I got a T-shirt!!! hahaha. Why is this so exciting, you may ask? Well, I put my into the drawing for the free arts@MIT shirt when I checked out the arts reception at CPW... and I never EVER win anything... so it was just nice to get a lil surpise. 0 Comments: |