$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Thursday, April 17, 2003 Went to NYC today w/ Shankar, Grace, Anna, Elaine, & Yong... I made them miss the 12:30 bus :P so we took the 1pm one from Tower Center to NYC... we wandered around for a bit then we had lunch at Manhattan Chili, where Shankar soon found himself addicted to the chili flavored dip that they had with the nachos. I personally thought it was ok, not that great... lunch was more or less pretty good, although the bbq burger or whatever that Yong got looked monstrous, surrounded by this weird purple mass of shredded cabbage or radish or whatever it was, lol. Then we headed off to Madam Tussaud's wax museum... where we all looked at each other agape when we found out that admissions was $25. Holy shit, I don't think I've ever been more ripped off in my entire life. We contemplated going somewhere else for a while, but no one wanted to go to the Met Museum of Art again and we couldn't agree on anything else... by then it was our turn to pay, so we just dished out the cash and went in. I gave up a priceless opportunity to take a picture of me kissing "Bush" while standing next to "Colin Powell" (names in quotation marks because they were obviously wax figures), just because it would be so ironic, but there were too many ppl standing on line staring in the general direction of those statues and I didn't want to make a scene or get kicked out or anything so I passed. Overall we had a good time... lots of funny pics going on, I must say the statue of RuPaul was pretty hot, hahahhaa... we took a few next to Einstein, as well as some of the "death masks" (during the French Revolution, Madame Tussaud was often commissioned to seek out the heads of the guillotined dead and confirm death by making detailed wax casts of them... or something like that). So yeah, on someone's camera there's a picture of Shankar and Yong next to bloodied heads of Robespierre and others. Grace also made me take a picture of her apparently french kissing a younger Elton John... and Yong took a pic with his hand on Elle Macpherson's ass. I felt really bad for all the parents of young kids there, I certainly wouldn't have wanted my kids to see a bunch of teenages make really lewd poses... >_< yikes. But it was pretty fun nonetheless. Then we hopped back on the subway to go visit Cooper Union/NYU/Washington Sq. Park for no good reason... we got off the subway and wandered around for a while... we stopped into urban outfitters... then once we got to the park we decided to get back on the subway again. haha we're such losers. So all in all I spent 50-some dollars in a total of 7 hours (incl. transportation back and forth to the city). I need a job... I can't keep spending money like this... eep. Tomorrow I think I'm gonna try to go for a run in the morning, I need to shed some flab... I'm starting to ooze in all the wrong places, lol. Then an attempt to be productive, just so I can tell my parents that I tried, and prom dress shopping will commence in the evening. Hope everyone's having a fun break... call me if you want to hang out again sometime next week (I think I'll be very very busy during the weekend). --posted by M @ 10:54 PM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |