$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Friday, August 15, 2003 Yes, I'm returning here on a temporary basis. I blog a lot (duh), and xanga's recent downtime has been frustrating. Stupid DOS attacks. I'll be switching back and forth between this & xanga until I figure out how to move this entire site (again) to my MIT account. ************** It's interesting to see what a difference not being mentally tired makes, along with the *advantages* of jet lag. Over the past three days, I've slept a measly 15 hours (this from the girl that never feels awake unless she gets *at least* 8. yes, I know I'm a sloth)... and 5 of them didn't really count because they were on the plane, in an economy seat, with no extra seats to stretch out a bit. I, being rather unlearned in the ways of jet lag (I only fly to Korea every 2-4 years, with the exception of before I was 9, when I never went), assumed that it would be smarter if I just went to bed late last night in the hopes that I'd be so dead tired that hopefully I'd sleep through the early morning (since there's a 13 hour difference, early morning here = late afternoon/early evening there... the most active hours, basically). Obviously, I was wrong. So after going to bed at 12:30, I voluntarily woke up to check my e-mail at 5:30am (this after a good 15 min of trying to get back to sleep) and go out in an attempt to remember my rollerblading skills. Ok, so it was more like rollerblading familiarity, but whatever. After warming up a bit in the playground, I headed to the streets, avoiding downhill stuff as much as possible at first. But downhill is the only way to get back to my house... and let me tell you, I was definitely having a heart attack all the way down. Especially when I realized any incoming cars from the opposite direction wouldn't be able to see me because of cars parked in the curve of my street. Moral of the story: learn how to brake on rollerblades. Another moral: wear gloves when you're practicing braking, and an ass pad if your ass isn't mad cushiony like mine. --posted by M @ 8:15 AM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |