$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Saturday, November 22, 2003 Oh man. I totally bombed my last chem test, even though technically it was supposed to be really really easy... MUST MOTIVATE SELF. MUST STOP SLEEPING. Last night, I had a 1:6 study ratio (if even that)-- for every 30 min I studied, I slept for 3 hours. And I started studying at midnight after getting back from West Side Story. And I missed my first two classes to "study" and slept instead. Holy shit, I almost even slept through the exam. Good job, self. ---- You know how when you fall asleep when you don't really *need* to but you're also stressed out and you dream frighteningly vivid and disturbing images? Well suffice it to say that I should not have skipped class or fallen asleep again instead of studying, and I would never want anyone to be violated/harassed. It's a terrible feeling. Obviously, it was a dream feeling, but when I woke up I still remembered it clearly-- utter helplessness, outrage, and fear at being caged into a corner like a labrat about to be electrocuted. ---- OTOH, I saw the comments that the admissions committee made on my application today. It's kind of stupid, but it made me feel better about myself. And everything that I thought about why I got admitted to MIT but not anywhere else was pretty much true-- for MIT, it helped that I'm a good public speaker (MUN, etc), they liked my essay, liked the fact that I busted my ass to make the a capella group work for 2 years, and my leadership positions, but I guess everywhere else this is a pretty boring applicant. The only (good) surprises were that my interviewer only had positive comments for me (he didn't mention my interesting slip about how I thought MIT might be inferior because it's not a well-rounded school) and that both Mr. Kenny and Mr. Christensen marked the "one of the best I've encountered" box for "personal character and qualities". I thought that was really nice of them... And I didn't have any blacked out sections of readers' comments. So I guess they really were all positive and politically correct... haha... :-) anyway. i should most definitely be sleeping or working. --posted by M @ 1:22 AM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |