$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Saturday, June 05, 2004 Watched Spiderman tonight... I definitely winced when Osborn asked for the "promochloroparazene". To my surprise, the compound parazene actually exists (it's a synonym for 1,4-dichlorobenzene). Promo though??? I think he meant bromo.. haha. Plus, I wonder if it'd be possible to make bromochloroparazene... too deactivating, maybe, and it'd be hard to satisfy the ortho, para-directing nature of the chlorine groups. The entire scene would make any research scientist cringe as a matter of fact; blatant disregard for safety regulations is an obvious one, including when the other doctor stepped into the gas chamber right away just because he "ventilated" it. That, and I was a bit skeptical about altering DNA by using transfer RNA. tRNA is used during protein synthesis, and I thought DNA is a template for proteins, but not vice versa. Yes, I am a nerd. Anyway, the movie was good in the sense that it was a lot like riding the themed rollercoasters--fast, fun, and heart-pounding, but downright cheesy many times. But hey, it's based on comics, so it's all good. More entertaining than L'auberge Espagnole at least, including the, erm, interesting subtitles that were added by someone. :-P --posted by M @ 12:47 AM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |