$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Saturday, July 03, 2004 Perhaps Stan Lee should've checked out Wikipedia for scientific accuracy, eh?. Tritium is a gas at room temperature... not a shiny gold solid... and unless it's cold fusion... all those people in the room would have been scorched to death when the reaction was out in the open like that... and I'm not quite sure about this, but I don't think the reaction itself would have generated magnetic forces; in the case of fusion reactions with plasmas (gases heated to such a temperature that the atoms' electrons are stripped), the container itself is made of magnets in order to contain the ionic plasma. However, the movie showed the mini-Sun sucking in all metal objects. Eh, it's science fiction I guess. Dorkiest moment of the movie: when Grace and I were both confused by how you can use eigenvectors in physics/chem... (Peter Parker answers a prof's question by saying the eigenvalue is x # eV). Then again, I don't remember the vast majority of the eigenvector stuff from 18.03, nor did I really bother to learn it, so I'm probably just being stupid. Last time I saw those annoying things was 2 hours before my final exam, over half of which was on eigenvectors. Work is eh. I knew it would be kinda boring but I'm still kind of disappointed. Things are great and incredibly interesting when people explain things well, but those moments are few and far in between. It might help if I had a clue as to what my mentor was saying, but 30% of the time I don't. Oh wells. I feel lazy yet restless. Hrm. --posted by M @ 1:43 AM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |