Saturday, January 08, 2005
dammit. DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT.
So I republished my entire blog because I changed the links at the top (archive/current)-- it used to be really screwy, where if you tried to go to an archived page then back to the archives, the code was fucked up and it would freak out trying to go to a nonexistent page. And the only way to change that was to republish all of the archived pages as well. In the process, I WIPED OUT ALL OF MY OLD COMMENTS. ARGH. MOTHERFUCKING SONOFABITCH (and you could probably include a few crude 'yo momma' slurs in there for good measure).
Granted, there weren't that many comments, but a few were silly and something i would've liked to hold onto... and it really pisses me off, b/c I think I wiped out the really old comments when I had to republish my blog once or twice a while back as well. Go figure. I think I'm going to try to fix the template so I can use Blogger's commenting system (which unfortunately wasn't around 2 years ago). Meh.
Some random comments I remember (and recording again just because they amused me at the time): - geekery about eigenvalues and Spiderman (I think this existed as comments, but they may have been AIM convos)
- me posting pictures of a NYC anti-Iraq war/anti-Bush Jr. policies protest, missing school the following Monday, and being told that I probably contracted SARS by people who didn't feel like working during physics (which was funny to them, but not to me because I was at home hacking up a lung and feeling generally miserable)
- If I married Benjy Yungher and named our offspring after myself, we could have children named Minyoung [the younger] Yungher (and this joke lasted for quite a while, much to my amusement)
- Random insults slung at me regarding opinionated posts or weird-ass nicknames by Shankar, Yong, and love notes left by Pulsar... some of these were pretty good, it's a shame they're gone now.
... and I'll include more as I work my way through the archives...
ETA: Apparently, all my comments are archived with Haloscan but unaccessable unless I fork over $12 AND want to waste enough time relinking comments with the appropriate posts (b/c apparently Blogger and Haloscan aren't 'linked', whatever that means).
Fuck it, I'm using Blogger's commenting system from now on... although the permalink system is quite messy (and the comments depend on the permalinks). Hrmph.
--posted by M @ 7:40 AM |
0 comments
0 Comments:
|