$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Friday, February 18, 2005 I got into the MIT Washington DC internship program. I'm trying really hard not to be overly psyched about this, since I know that it's probably a lot less glamourous than what I'm imagining it will be like (and I'm not even sure I know what I'm imagining at this point, so...). But I can't help my momentary feeling of glee- 1) I've been interested in this program before I even matriculated- no joke. I remember hearing about this at the activities midway during CPW and thinking it was pretty cool; and 2) now I don't have to worry about what I'll be doing this summer. Besides the fact that I really am that lazy, it really has been a pain applying to stuff (or preparing to apply to stuff). 3) After the last two years I just wasn't sure if I could (or wanted to) hack it in lab work anymore, much less be interested in science. Actually, I think I'm still interested in science, but only in certain classes, and I'm not sure whether I like poli sci more. (I think I'm also only interested in certain poli sci classes, so overall my academic experience has been mostly bleh). Anyway, this is my chance to decide what I want to do with my life. Besides the really out there options of changing my major completely and becoming an architecture major or something (lately I've been into the idea of art & building stuff like buildings & bridges), this is the other thing I've been looking at-- poli sci, public policy, etc. So even though my internship might not be the most exciting thing ever, I'm hoping it can at least help me make up my mind about what I want to do with my life after I graduate. UROP is going well, classes are not. I think I should fix that this weekend... --posted by M @ 5:00 PM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |