$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Sunday, February 13, 2005 i had a lot of random thoughts stumbling through the vast wasteland that is my head today. i remember them being things i wanted to blog about, just to think about later, if nothing else. anyway, i got home and promptly forgot about it all. i'm really behind in my work and hoping i'll find the motivation to catch up. i think that was one of my thoughts today actually... i realized that i wanted to be able to graduate saying that i'd really tried my best and gotten everything i wanted out of my MIT education. and then i got to thinking, i didn't really care about new year's resolutions this year, but i think i'll make some graduation resolutions. as in, things that i want to have accomplished and be proud of by the time i graduate and move onto the next chapter in my life. ---- the list: 1) be proud of what i've accomplished academically at MIT. i think i'm challenging myself now, but not really bothering to meet the challenge. it's a lot more painful but also lot more fulfilling when i've overcome a challenge and reached a new level. right now? not so much. 2) go on a hiking trip that's longer than overnight. 3) do the whole tourist thing in cali, the caribbean, or europe, with someone that's fun to travel with or by myself. 4) take a class at the MIT glass lab. 5) try outdoor climbing. 6) learn how to sail well enough so that i can handle a sailboat by myself on the charles (without having my boat flip over). 7) take at least one really random and cool class that's nothing like i've ever taken before (something in course 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 12). take 14.02. 8) learn guitar to the point where my playing is decent. actually get better at flute (learn some jazz?), or at least prevent myself from getting worse. ---- anyway, part of the reason why i've been so behind- BosMUN. This weekend I was VC for UN Security Council. BosMUN is weak, but it was fun to do MUN again after a year-long break. I'm even interested in being a delegate again. Anyway, my chair was a lot funnier than last year, and we got along pretty well. Two things I will never forget though-- the best dirty note ever was sent to the VC of another committee, from 3 of his female delegates-- "Steve, can I moderate your caucus?" And the delegation of Algeria from my committee, UNSC, could SWALLOW HIS TONGUE. No joke. It was seriously freaky. I mean, I've always thought that's what you want to prevent during epileptic seizures, and here I was looking into this kid's mouth and his tongue was quite literally not visible anymore. He told us that his brother had gone on Sabado Gigante (a variety show on Univision or something) and earned $2400 with that talent or something. Seriously, my chair and I were like... don't do that while you're still in committee... we don't want to be responsible for your death. Anyway, yeah... what a weird talent. Time to go read, then run... I had such a great dinner at the PSC fellows' presentation tonight. Too great, in fact... mm... chocolate covered strawberries... --posted by M @ 7:31 PM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |