$BlogRSDUrl$>
| Archives Current Posts |
|
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 In the past year, I felt a bit discouraged when it seemed like everything was slipping back to what it used to be-- that I had gained nothing from my half-a-year of learning what it was like to truly feel anything but indifference, again. That, despite all I had experienced, I had somehow morphed back into the same person I had been after graduating high school. During freshman year, I honestly didn't change much, and while I had no burning desire to go out and do something radical to prove some ephemeral point, I wondered if I was doing things wrong. And, looking back on it, I guess everything I experienced did change me-- I still enjoy stability, but I no longer enjoy stasis. I've stopped caring so damn much about what other people think, and I think I'm happier as a result. And I've become less afraid to say goodbye to the familiar and go out and get what I want... really letting the adventurer inside me that's always been restrained by fear, come out and play. So, I guess I have come a long way. Now, if I could get rid of the procrastination and become less anti-social... but, one day at a time, right? :) --posted by M @ 5:16 AM | 0 comments 0 Comments: |